Friday 13 December 2013

The Warp

There is a little section in a main road in Blairgowrie that I believe passes through an 80’s time warp.  I have seen an old lady on numerous mornings, walking to the bus stop.  Her entire demeanor and physical appearance strikes me as odd.  She wears 80’s style clothing and very red lips, very blue eye shadow and very pink cheek blusher.  She has teased hair, much like the 80’s styles women use to sport.  I use to think, eh, perhaps she is just a little old fashioned.  Then, the other morning, I was driving through the warp, only to see a man walking past the exact same spot.  He was dressed in cut-off jean shorts, Fila ankle sneakers, a tank top and jean waistcoat.  And he had a mullet hairstyle.  Could this be a coincidence?  Yeah, probably, but I choose to believe that I get to experience a little bit of Back to the Future while I drive my De Lorian through the 80’s each morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment